Brand Exchange members are invited to these events
which are entertaining and offer a relaxed atmosphere
- This event has passed.
Brand Finance Nation Brands Forum: The Global Crisis of Leadership
Join us at Brand Exchange as we announce the findings of the Brand Finance Nation Brands 2019 report.
The annual Brand Finance Nation Brands report is a study into the world’s 100 most valuable and strongest nation brands. For the past decade it has provided key benchmark for diplomats, tourism boards, trade agencies, and other nation brands consultants and managers.
The potential disruption to nation brands created by the UK’s deepening Brexit drama, among other issues in global politics, continues to confirm the scale of new challenges facing leaders across the world. The impact of those developments on stability and confidence is profound and possibly irreversible. There is a fast-changing ‘new normal’ of destabilisation and unpalatable global leadership challenges.
How are leaders handling the scale of disruption? Are you coping? We invite you to come along to our Nation Brands Forum to learn and share your experiences.
We will be joined by Nik Gowing, foreign affairs specialist, former BBC World News and HARDtalk presenter, and founder and co-author of Thinking the Unthinkable (TtU). TtU is an ongoing, independent research project into the human capacity of leaders to lead. For five years it has examined the new pressures on corporate and political leaders, and aims to inspire debate on why leaders must be emboldened to thrive on change and how they can embrace the new challenges, which issues such as Brexit will inevitably impose.
Twenty-two days before the expected UK withdrawal from the EU on 31st October 2019, we will provide a platform to discuss the following questions:
- Why do so many leaders in politics, C-suites and public service struggle to confront, and even embrace these new leadership challenges?
- Why do they find themselves increasingly out of touch with customers, consumers, shareholders and voters?
- How do leaders who got to the top through conformity now shed it to create a new culture, mindset and behaviour appropriate for the new disruptions?
- How is nation brand value and strength affected by the fast-evolving geopolitical landscape?
- How much has the Brexit drama made this reality even more serious?
Come equipped with new ideas and an open mind!
Entry from 6pm for 6.30pm start. The Brand Finance Nation Brands Forum will be followed by networking drinks from 7.30pm.